House Oversight Committee Chairman Rep. James Comer (T-KY) on Wednesday released more evidence showing President Joe Biden took some of the money his family members have laundered, using his influence.
Comer, who is currently leading the president’s impeachment inquiry, revealed new bank records that showed the president received $40,000 in laundered Chinese money.
“Remember when Joe Biden told the American people that his son didn’t make money in China? Well, not only did he lie about his son Hunter making money in China, but it also turns out that $40,000 in laundered China money landed in Joe Biden’s bank account in the form of a personal check. And the Oversight Committee has it,” Comer said.
🚨 BREAKING 🚨
— Oversight Committee (@GOPoversight) November 1, 2023
The payment originated from Northern International Capital, a Chinese company affiliated with Chinese conglomerate CEFC. According to Comer, the money was laundered through a series of Hunter Biden-linked entities before it made its way to James and Sara Biden. James and Sarah then wrote a $40,000 dollar to the president as a “loan repayment.”
The laundered money trail took six steps, according to Breitbart News:
- July 30, 2017: Hunter Biden put pressure on Zhao for a $10 million payment using the influence of Joe Biden, who was “sitting” in the room, according to a screenshot of a WhatsApp message from an IRS whistleblower in June.
- August 8, 2017: Hunter-Biden-linked bank accounts received about $5 million in payments from Zhao within ten days of the text, using proximity to Joe Biden as a cudgel. (Northern International Capital, a Chinese company affiliated with CEFC, sent $5 million to Hudson West III, a joint venture established by Hunter Biden and CEFC associate Gongwen Dong.)
- August 8, 2017: On the same day, $400,000 was wired to Owasco, P.C. from Hudson West III, another entity controlled by the president’s son.
- August 14, 2017: Hunter Biden then wired $150,000 to Lion Hall Group, an entity owned by Joe Biden’s brother, James Biden, and his wife, Sara Biden.
- August 28, 2017: Sara Biden withdrew $50,000 in cash from Lion Hall Group. On the same day, Sara Biden deposited $50,000 into her shared personal checking account with James Biden.
- September 3, 2017: Sara Biden wrote Joe Biden a check for $40,000 for a “loan repayment,” a method Republicans say is used to launder money.
China wired Hunter's company $5 million. Then Hunter's company wired Hunter $400,000. They wired Biden's brother money- and then Biden's brother's wife wrote Joe a check for $40,000. What's 10% of 400k? That's 40,000- 10% for the Big Guy. pic.twitter.com/cYIlh8YPlj
— Jesse Watters (@JesseBWatters) November 2, 2023
The new evidence comes after Comer’s committee found evidence that Joe Biden received a direct payment of $200,000 from his brother, James Biden, in March 2018. James Biden made the payment after obtaining a loan from Americore — a financially distressed and failing rural hospital operator at the time.
🚨 BREAKING 🚨
— Oversight Committee (@GOPoversight) October 20, 2023
Comer revealed that James Biden received the loan “based upon representations that his last name, ‘Biden,’ could ‘open doors’ and that he could obtain a large investment from the Middle East based on his political connections.”